Wednesday 23 April 2014

Do You Love Food Festival - Great Missenden

Over the Easter weekend, Cat and I had the chance to pop over to the Do You Love Food Festival in Great Missenden.  I have visited a few of the Do You Love Food Festivals in the Buckinghamshire area but its always great to see what new products are on the scene.  The Great Missenden location was small compared to the others in Gerrards cross and Henley but that didn’t stop us from filling up on the free tasters of sweet cheeses, yoghurts, jams and much much more. Its great to be able to chat to the people behind the products and find out what is being produced on our door step!

We didn’t come home empty handed either, I spoilt myself with some passionfruit syrup (by Blossoms Syrup), with no additives, this makes a great addition to yoghurt, cakes and drinks especially prosecco. It is rather thick but it would be great in cocktails! Catherine was even given the tip of adding to water and making ice cubes and using on babies with sore gums.

Catherine - This was one of my first food festivals and I really enjoyed checking out the lovely food products. I decided to buy some scotch eggs, made by Kirsty's Kitchen, for the hubby and I; Smoked bacon and a beetroot and carrot flavour - I must say these were the best eggs that we have ever had.

I also picked up some conserves by The Chef's Pantry, Banoffee and Morello Cherry and Almond conserve.  These are very sweet but are great served with greek yoghurt and fruit.

You can find more information about the upcoming food festivals here.

Still to come:

- More picnic recipes
- What we made over Easter
- Baby Shower cakes

Carly and Catherine xx






No comments:

Post a Comment