Thursday 24 April 2014

Spring Picnic, Part 3 - Sausage Rolls

For my picnic contribution, I decided to make sausage rolls but with a slight difference. I found a recipe for Summer Sausage Rolls on BBC Good Food, and after reading the many positive reviews, decided to give them a go - These have chicken, smoked bacon and sundried tomatoes in and they tasted great. The only changes I made was to use dried herbs instead of fresh basil and I did turn them over 5/10minutes before the end. I did find it quite hard to tell if they were cooked because the tomatoes gives the meat a pink colour, so they were in the oven longer that it states on the recipe…but I will definitely be making these again, they were tasty with great flavour and overall, rather easy.

Catherine x



No comments:

Post a Comment