Tuesday 6 May 2014

Catherine's Baby Shower - Carrot Cake

I love baking cakes. I remember being in my grandmother's kitchen stood on a foot stool so I could reach the work top to sieve the flour, cream the butter and sugar and of course lick the spoon when Nanny Jones wasn't looking :)

I agree with Cat about Mary Berry's cake recipes. Simple with stunning results and her carrot cake recipe  is no exception. I did however add some vanilla essence, cinnamon and nutmeg to my cake as I love those flavours in carrot cake. I also found the frosting worked better with a large tub of cream cheese instead of mascarpone. The addition of bananas makes it so moist and tasty.

The finished cake looked pretty with some white chocolate carrots on for Cat's lovely vintage afternoon tea baby shower!

Carly x


No comments:

Post a Comment