Thursday 1 May 2014

Easter Baking - Part 3 - Another Ham

Like Carly, I also cooked a ham for Easter Sunday, but in Cider. The recipe was very similar to her ham in coke but instead of coke, a litre of cider and once slow cooked in a pan, I spread wholegrain mustard, dark muscovado sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and a little honey swell as being studded with cloves, before going into the oven for 15/20 minutes, spreading any leftover glaze halfway. It was nice but out of the two options, I would prefer the coke option for its extra sweetness, but none of the ham went to waste, the leftovers were used in a mash topped pie and a simple ham and leek pasta bake later on in the week.

I served the ham with roasted vegetables and cheesy mustard mash which was really tasty - Recipe can be found here . I will definitely be making this version again!

Cat x




No comments:

Post a Comment